Kona Underwater Shootout May 20-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellzlikefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Aloha Friends!

Below you will find a flyer for the first annual Kona Underwater Shootout taking place between May 20-23rd. The plan is for everyone to start at the parking lot of Kona Honu Divers in Kona, HI on Friday the 20th where we will issue a welcoming statement and say, "Go!" From there you will have the weekend to shoot anywhere and from any boat you wish as long as your images are uploaded by Sunday night.

Prizes for macro, wide angle, compact, and best in show include a Mares regulator, Light and Motion 2100, Sea and Sea YS-D1, Waterproof wetsuit, Tusa light, Tusa gearbag, gloves, a mask, gift certificates for Optical Ocean Sales and, of course, diving with Kona Honu Divers!

We will also have classes on shooting blackwater images, modeling, and may even have some gear you can try out underwater. Dive deals are currently being offered on charters with Kona Honu Divers, Kohala Divers, Torpedo Tours, and Hilo Ocean Adventures. On Monday we will wrap up with some seminars given by local experts and talent and finally, and awards ceremony. This promises to be an awesome weekend.

I haven't been on Scubaboard as often as I would like lately, so while I will try to answer any questions here, your better bet might be to shoot an email to Konashootout@gmail.com or go to our website (www.konahonudivers.com/events.htm).

Kona Shootout Flyer 2 small.jpg

Cheers!
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom