Kraken Sports Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttbor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with the Kraken Sports lights?

Kraken Sports Website indicates 3 models
NR-650
NR-1000
NR-1000C

I have played around with each a little in the LDS but have never used on a dive. Wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts?

Cheers

We used the 1000C on a night dive during my DM class. The light works great. All 3 of us students had other lights and the Instructor had the Kraken. At 1000 lumens, it all but made our lights insignificant. It has 5 settings and claims to last 5 hours on the brightest one. It's lightweight and easy to use. I now own one myself. I'd definitely recommend checking it out!

I have been using a Kraken 1000 since early 2015, it is just a great light. I have used it almost every way imaginable while on diving trips and in daily use. I very seldom don't have it with we. With the hot center and large halo it is good in clear or turbid water. Often I will use it at a low power setting as in close it is to bright sometimes.The button control is easy to use and the battery level indicator is a feature that should be on all dive lights. The little travel bag it comes in is a perfect fit for the included charger, battery and light. Small, durable aluminum cleverly thought out light.

We sell all their photo video lights. They are well-made and designed to eliminate a lot of issues.
We have a first look review, but are testing their new 5000 lumen and 10,000 lumen Solar Flare lights right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom