Labor Day weekend @ Pennyroyal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Bob has been hanging out with some tech divers. :)..back gas, deco gas. BTW, deco gas could be 40%. Probably not the best choice but it could be used.

I've been reading up a little on the subject. :wink:

I just assumed that you would want at least 50% O2 if not pure O2.

yes I prefer 100%.
If you want some good deco reading get deco for divers. I've been reading it and even with my deco class I am learning a few things. It is in depth without going to far..so far at least. No math unless you look in the back of the book.

yes I prefer 100%.
If you want some good deco reading get deco for divers. I've been reading it and even with my deco class I am learning a few things. It is in depth without going to far..so far at least. No math unless you look in the back of the book.

A second vote for Mark Powell's book. It is outstanding. The TDI book absolutely suck when it comes to decompression theory. It actually sucks period. However, this book is very thorough. It presents a detailed study of the prevailing theories, both traditional (haldanian) and more recent (bubble models), but without going into mind numbing detail found in the technical texts on the subject.

TDI updated their books and I hear that they are better.
I actually enjoy reading Mark's book. Hopefully all of us knew what was going on while diving after OW, but this takes it one step further.

Labor Day weekend September 5-7...diving @ Pennyroyal....need I say more? :)

OK so I should say more. The group that dove FRP last weekend decided to dive Pennyroyal Labor Day weekend. It was reported that they have built MORE shelters quarry side. The cabin on the hill is done and ready to rent. And many changes are on the way.
For those that have never been there or are just getting certified, we don't care we will dive with you. Check out the above link to Pennyroyal and you will see that they have depths for everyone. Including those deco divers (hint, hint, hint)

I know that I will be camping for the weekend and maybe be there on Friday evening. Just depends on the schedule.

Will you dive with me? I have to stay in the kiddie pool though.:dork2:

yes I prefer 100%.

I'm into a good book at the moment (Deep Descent) but I'll check that out for my next read. Thanks.

As far as tech/deco diving, I ordered a sling tank and reg set-up today to get used to diving with it. I pretty much committed to take ADV nitrox and deco under Larry at Aquatech if he'll give me some dates.

I was somewhat planning on taking it elsewhere in warmer water since I'll be diving wet but Larry convinced me to take it in the cold conditions of the quarry. I guess if you can survive that, you can survive anything. I can't wait to spend 30 minutes in 43deg water :shakehead:

Maybe I'll get to make your and Tammy's next deco dive. :cool2:

Are you still paying the buddy fee this year?

I might forgo taking your money for some tacos!

Hey the burgers at the quarry are good and the tenderloin (if they have it) are to die for.

Hold out for one of those instead of tacos.

Hmmm....I might have a dry suit for sale.....

Seriously? I might be interested in a used one at a decent price. I just can't afford a new one right now.

I think that I'm close to your height (a little shorter) but a lot bigger around the middle. Think it would fit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom