Lake Sixteen or Baptist still have ice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff, when are you planning on going up? If you are going this weekend I work until 3pm both days, but could do some afternoon dives if you are in need of other divers....Im diving dry so temp doesnt bother me.....

We are going to Lake Sixteen Saturday morning I have to be home by 2pm the wife has plans. I have been itching to get in the water lots of new gear to trim out.

Glad the ice is finally leaving. I bet the water will be cold though. Lake 16, probably not much colder than usual.

Update - ice is all gone at Baptist. Water was 42 this weekend. Viz was maybe 15-20 ft before certain people in my class got to flutter kicking with their split fins...

Well Lake Sixteen is a balmy 38f at the bottom and a toasty 43 on top but is ice free.

The new wing worked great. It's only a little bit larger than the old one and I'm more confident it will have enough lift when I start taking deco bottles with me. Plus, it's less likely to get cut when I swim into all those razor blades :wink:. I'll do a few more dives with it this weekend.

well witht he temps climbing into the 70's this week it should warm up a bit quicker.....and once you get out, you warm up quick....I am looking to buy a wesuit this year, so i can enjoy the wet diving late summer. Diving dry is nice, but i would like to be able to dive wet on occasion...

Back
Top Bottom