Lakshadweep India ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaFox

Reaction score
Has anyone dived in Lakshadweep ?:confused:

We have head one second hand report that was quite remarkable.:wacko: Would love to go0 there if we can gat a confirmation on the conditions.

I have dived in the Lakhshadweep islands and would rate itthem pretty highly! There has been extensive coral bleaching at a number of Islands (notably Kadmat) but others seem to have escaped. Great viz, lots of fish and best of all NO PEOPLE. Yours is usually the only dive boat around. There are a couple of dive operators on the islands and depending on the island you choose, facilities range from the very basic to eco-luxury.

I visited Lakshadweep about four/five years ago and it was excellent. At the time Bangaram was the only resort open to "foreigners" and as far as I know this is still the same. It was beautiful, eco-friendly and the only resort on the island which is very small. There is nothing to do apart from diving which was superb if a little expensive. Very little soft coral though but loads of fish life, sharks etc. and an excellent wreck dive with cannons etc still scattered over the ocean floor. You need (or used to need) a special visa to travel to Lakshadweep apart from the one needed to travel to India. Would I go again - definitely.

There are now three islands which have dive operators - Bangaram, Kadmat and Agatti. Non-Indians still need a special visa to visit the islands but all three are now open to 'foreigners'. I'm going back in October!

Back
Top Bottom