Landing in RTB at 1, can I make it to the Utila ferry by 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmarks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be flying in to RTB next month, arriving just a little before 1 pm. The daily ferry to Utila leaves from the Coxen Hole area at 2 pm and I'm assured this is only about 5 minutes by cab from the airport. So I have two questions: 1) Is it realistic to think I could make the ferry at 2 pm? and 2) About how much should I expect to pay for that cab ride?

1) No
2) look for the Delorean

No on the ferry. Unless you are the first person off the plane and breeze right through immigration and hit no snags on the way, I don’t think you could make it. I don’t know about the taxi cost.

Enjoy your trip!

We arrived at 12.20pm two weeks ago, the customs/immigration line was really slow (but we were up front on the plane) and then my wife spent 10 mins in the bathroom in the airport lobby, changing her clothes etc etc, we still made it to the ferry by 1.20pm. So its definitely cutting it down to the wire but if the gods are with you, doable!!!
Cab - $15

Don't bet your vacation plans on making it. Unless you gamble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom