last minute trips - desperate for sun and fun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

monchkin

New
Reaction score
hi there from new york city!

my fiance and i returned 2 wks ago from a grueling trip to taiwan (the "meet the family" trip). upon our return to nyc, we jumped right back to work and we are so worn out!

so we are thinking about going on a last minute trip down to the carribean next weekend (e.g. fri jan 16 - mon jan 19) to get some R&R. but where does one find last minute trips like this without paying ridiculous money? i tried site49.com but most of their trips are sold out. any other sites we should be aware of? we are happy to go anywhere with nice resorts, good diving, and not too long off a flight duration (e.g., less than 6-7 hrs). we've been to cozumel and grand cayman.

thanks all!

elisa :eek:ne_samur

Your issue here is with airlines. Paying a premium for last minute travel is an airline kind of thing.

Calling around to resorts and live aboards at the last minute can get you some great deals.

undefined
monchkin:
hi there from new york city!

my fiance and i returned 2 wks ago from a grueling trip to taiwan (the "meet the family" trip). upon our return to nyc, we jumped right back to work and we are so worn out!

so we are thinking about going on a last minute trip down to the carribean next weekend (e.g. fri jan 16 - mon jan 19) to get some R&R. but where does one find last minute trips like this without paying ridiculous money? i tried site49.com but most of their trips are sold out. any other sites we should be aware of? we are happy to go anywhere with nice resorts, good diving, and not too long off a flight duration (e.g., less than 6-7 hrs). we've been to cozumel and grand cayman.

thanks all!

elisa :eek:ne_samur
Online isn't always the best way to go. Last year I was in a similar situation myself and A friend told me about The SCUBA Connection in New Jersey and I was able to talk to some one and they helped me book my whole trip.

I just read about a great deal to Cayman Brac. It was for $349/pp for four nights including air from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. You can read about it on MSNBC on the travel tab.

I'm off to Cozumel on the 18th for a week. I always look for the best deal on a website out of Toronto - selloffvacations. I book the best price at a good dive location, usually 1 -2 weeks before departure and I'm almost always happy with where I end up. I book the diving separately from hotel/air.
If you are'nt too concerned about where you end up, last minute is the way to go. You have to be a bit flexible though.
Good Luck.

Tell the agent exactly what you want.
Dates
Price range
Island

The destination might need to be flexible in order to get the price range you want.

hey there- if you don't have a trip already and want one for MLK jnr weekend- try travelzoo, they have a bunch fo flights/hotel deals from NY cheap and last min. if you are flexible enough. I also noticed AA has cheapies to the Bahamas from Florida and airtran/jet blue can get you down here from NY for $150. Good luck.
I want to do something for MLKjnr, but Hubby is too busy- and being my buddy he gets jealous if I go diving without him!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom