leisure pro deleting your reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I’ve looked into this a bit and I can tell that we have some sort of problem. On my computer it will not show your review, but on Aaron’s computer no more than 10 feet from me, your review (judging from the info on your post) is the first one! On my computer when I click to go to the next page of reviews it sends me to our home page. I have forwarded this info to our Webmaster and hopefully we will have it straightened out soon. In the time being you may want to try looking at the review with a different computer, your review may just show up.

In regards to the reviews on our site, they are maintained by an outside company and reviewed by them before being posted to our site. They make sure that they are relevant to the product, not vulgar etc. Reviews that are negative but otherwise on topic and for the product that they are posted under are not deleted. A quick look around led me to this product, judging by those reviews we know what camera not to buy! Personally I would say that letting people see the negative reviews of our other customers really saves us a lot of trouble because down the road we do not have to deal with the problems a bad product can cause.

I can vouch for the computer glitch re. reviews. At one point you couldn't get to the second page of reviews. I've had reviews lost the same way - but, funny thing, they were very positive reviews because I loved the product. Didn't keep the review from being "lost in space". I've posted some very negative reviews and they didn't get lost.

---------- Post added December 14th, 2015 at 10:58 AM ----------

to PETER C it would have still needed a reinspection thats what they told me when it is shipped you are suposed to have it looked at because if the plug falls out and stuff gets in the tank or if it got damage while being shipped, there are other reviews of people talking about them haing to pay about 20.00 bucks as well when they went to get their tanks filled. That sticker would be cool but anybody can put that on it what would the scuba shop say. but if it works, if i buy my next tank online i will do that instead. I do see what you are saying becuasee it is new and any dummy can look the tank over to see if there is crap in it Thay souldnt charge for that when it takes 2 seconds to look at it.

Standard procedure. Any tank that has had the valve removed OR which has no pressure in it (even if the valve was never removed - could have taken on water) WILL require an inspection. I agree that this is bogus on a brand new tank (or on my pony which I have to transport open by plane). Nevertheless, it is standard across the US (don't know about elsewhere). There is one dealer (with good prices) that will ship inspected and with 400psi in the tank.

As far as buying the VIS sticker - some shops will not fill unless the sticker has the inspecting shops name & address (and sometimes inspector number) printed as part of the sticker. That said, I've never had the sticker challenged in the Caribbean.

Also, how did this thread from 2008 get resurected? I just realized how old it is.

Resurrecting from the dead.

Two of my reviews on LP have been deleted. I pride myself on giving accurate, 100% honest reviews and even follow ups. I didn't use any foul language but made comparison to other brands in my review. What gives?

If you could let me know which products, I can work with our webmaster to figure out what's going on.

I reviewed a Cressi Giotto and Leonardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reviewed a Cressi Giotto and Leonardo

Thank you, just sent to our webmaster to see if he can figure out what's going on, I'll update when I have new information.

Could you send me any identifiable information so we can continue our investigation? Private message is fine, your name would help or anything else we could search by.

Not exactly sure what name it would be under. When I connect to leisure pro, it's via Twitter and my Twitter handles djdalite

Names Nick Hendershot

I received a number of emails a month or so ago asking me to review products I bought, and none of them have published on the product pages. I only noticed this because I tried to write a review for one of them recently, and it told me I'd already written a review for that product (i.e. it wouldn't let me write a new one or edit the old one), even thought the website didn't display the review.

A little less trustworthy than a website like Amazon or Newegg, to be sure.

Not exactly sure what name it would be under. When I connect to leisure pro, it's via Twitter and my Twitter handles djdalite

Names Nick Hendershot

I received a number of emails a month or so ago asking me to review products I bought, and none of them have published on the product pages. I only noticed this because I tried to write a review for one of them recently, and it told me I'd already written a review for that product (i.e. it wouldn't let me write a new one or edit the old one), even thought the website didn't display the review.

A little less trustworthy than a website like Amazon or Newegg, to be sure.

Since you're both working within roughly the same timeframe, I think my webmasters suspicions were correct. We switched over to a different review vendor recently and it is appearing as though some reviews may have been lost during the migration. Both the old and new vendor were 3rd party services so there wouldn't be a concern of us censoring reviews, we only have the ability to hide reviews that use inappropriate language or are customer service issues and not related to the product being reviewed.

It shouldn't be an issue at this point, but if anyone else discovers their reviews aren't showing up, please email me (nickb@leisurepro.com) with the product, your name, and registered email, and we can work with our outside vendor to figure out where the reviews are going. Thanks!

Reactions: RJP
As a webmaster for the last 20 years, I'm always amused at the client who wants me to put the "what our customers are saying about us" page on his site. I'm getting paid and it's his website, so whatever.

But you know, in the last 20 years, no client has ever called me and said, "Hey, we just got this email from our customers...."you guys suck, the product was junk, it took forever to arrive, and you ripped me off"...how fast can you add that review to our website?" LOL

Long story short, don't sweat it. 99% of "customer reviews" are BS anyway.

Just go download the FAKESPOT app and all this is meaningless. Fakespot checks the veracity of reviews. It's an excellent free product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom