Light and Motion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Diver.Jason

Diver.Jason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the opportunity to purchase through Light and Motion Sola Dive Pro 2000 at a discounted price. I am looking to grab a light to enjoy night diving and use when necessary on day dives. Would the 2000 Lumens on this light be annoyingly bright and might be overkill? Or is this a situation where you cannot have too much light?

My cost would be $325 USD - Is this a good deal or should I pass?

Thanks

The L & M lights are amazingly bright, but can be adjusted. That odd, sliding switch of theirs allows for several different brightness settings and easy use with even thick gloves.

I received the 2500 for a recent birthday, also on sale -- and the warnings on its face include both "INTENSE LIGHT" and "EYE HAZARD" if that tells you anything. They also tend to run on the hot side, with the lens reaching 55˚ C (over 130˚ F) inside of a minute; so any extended use above water may not be the grandest of ideas . . .

The dive pro is a decent light, i too bought it at a discounted rate (around 325 IIRC)
I like it a lot, I don’t have a camera so here’s a picture from someone else of me using it.
B46DF776-CD90-4847-A602-0B0C572BAFED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom