Light found, point Lobos 6-17-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it a SOLA 1200? If so, I know the owner. I can point him to this thread.

image.jpeg
describe it and any markings.
Hi, I was diving at point Lobos on June 13 (Monday) morning with Joe(my guide) from breakwater scuba. I had a GoPro with 2 sola 1200 light and one light got caught on kelp and fell off the mount, my photo shows my other light and the ball which wS still attached to my mount , the light should have the bottom portion of the mount still attached because the screw loosened and the light dropped. The markings may have faded but it would read SLEE or SANG LEE. I am from Boston and I can pay for shipping out to me via PayPal it would be great !

Also on the same dive, believe it or not Joe also dropped his light, it is small hand held. If it was not the sola then I can have Joe contact you as it may be his light and he can describe it. But I hope you found mine :)
Joe works as guide for Breakwater Scuba in Monterey next door to Backscatter
Thanks!

Any numbers written on it? Private message me
View attachment 375892
Hi, I was diving at point Lobos on June 13 (Monday) morning with Joe(my guide) from breakwater scuba. I had a GoPro with 2 sola 1200 light and one light got caught on kelp and fell off the mount, my photo shows my other light and the ball which wS still attached to my mount , the light should have the bottom portion of the mount still attached because the screw loosened and the light dropped. The markings may have faded but it would read SLEE or SANG LEE. I am from Boston and I can pay for shipping out to me via PayPal it would be great !

Last edited:
Great outcome.

Also a great reminder to have a secondary attachment for cameras and lights. People laugh at the little chains between my lights and strobe arms, but I've seen my lights dangling from them several times.

I tie my cameras to my tray with fishing line, and have seen dangling cameras too. (I learned the hard way to trim the end, though. I had two housing leaks before I noticed the end of some fishing line in my gopro seal, d'oh!)

Looks like we have a winner, light will be on its way home soon.
Thank you Lexvil for your help retrieving my light and shipping it back to me so quickly!
USPS says it will be arriving tomorrow, I have a dive plan this Sat so I will not miss a beat!
Cheers!!!!

Back
Top Bottom