For Sale Light & Motion Stingray, Sony Cam, Sola Lights: Complete System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix1

Registered
Reaction score
I’m selling my underwater digital video equipment. I can’t do both stills and video, so one has to go.

Included in the sale is the following complete setup:

· Sony HD-HC3 video camera and 2 AC chargers
· Light & Motion Bluefin video camera housing and flat port
· 16x9 color screen back
· Screen sunshade
· 2 Light & Motion Sola 1200 underwater video lights
· 2 video light flex arms for mounting to Bluefin handles
· Joby Gorillapod tripod
· Tripod mounting bracket for housing
· Mini-DV tapes (new)
· Miscellaneous accessories, o-rings, grease, 3 extra camera batteries
· Two microphones (shotgun and remote) for topside use on camera
· Camera remote, also for topside use

Camera.jpg Left rear.jpg Front view.jpg Flip out screen.jpg Solas.jpg Monitor Back.jpg

Details

The video camera is a great performer under water, with rich color rendition and good low light sensitivity. It uses mini-DV tapes. Battery life (continuous run) is about an hour. Has either manual or auto white balance and manual focus or autofocus. Includes tele-macro capability and many other features making this a great choice for underwater videography. It comes with a plug-in AC charge brick and cord and a plug in wall charger for your extra batteries. Camera was serviced for a bad board a couple years ago and is now running better than ever.

The L&M housing is a very user-friendly housing. Camera mounts to a tray and slides in easily. Attach the included battery pack (takes 4 double AAs) to the 16 x 9 full-color monitor back, lock the back in place, and you’re set to go. Detachable handles (for easy transport) remotely operate zoom, focus, playback and other camera functions. An internal flip-in/out red filter corrects nicely for bluewater shots at depth. Color HD format video screen on the back is clear and bright, and the sunshade prevents glare during bright shallow shots. Housing and port were serviced by L&M in 2014.

This gear is in very good condition and has seen light to moderate use since I bought it a few years back, usually 6-8 dives a year. It is easy to maintain and relatively light and compact for travel.

Original costs

Bought new, prices are as follows:

· Camera--$1,400
· Housing and color monitor back--$2,800
· Sola Lights: $1,360
· Extras--$300+
· Total: $5,800+

Asking price: $2,000

I’ll pay shipping within lower 48 states; elsewhere, negotiable.

Would like to buy the housing if it works with the Sony FDR AX100

Firs of all the original ad is 2 + years old.

You might be able to make it work - maybe - but there could be some issues.

Physaically it should fit and the port line up properly. The mount might even work - Sony doesn't move that unless they change the camera body/

One issue is the monitor.is only 1080P while your camera outputs 4K. Plus I would guess it's component RGB - does your camera even have those outputs? or just HDMI?

Probably the most significant thing is Sony changed control electronics sometime after the Hc3 - afaik it still uses the older LANC protocol, you AX uses their new smart shoe. So you would not be able to directly plug the housing camera contros into your camera/

Or maybe you can - they sell a Lanc->Sony adapter cable. I have an Amphibico box and an HDR_HC1 - I've been told that it would convert mine for use with an FDR-AX1000 I'm considering. No idea if it would work with the Bluefin.

moot point if he sold it 2 years ago...

Would like to buy the housing if it works with the Sony FDR AX100
YES I WOULD. I NEED THE BACK MONITOR ONLY.
WHAT THE PRICE WOULD BE?
I'm interested in the lights as well.

FYI Phoenix1 has not been back on Scubaboard since Seot. 2016

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom