List of what lenses work with which ports on oly housing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is quite a useful article. It appears that a port with lights for pt-ep05/06L works well with 45mm macro lens. As well as Zen 8mm dome.
Tip of the Month

You have to be careful using any of the standard Olympus ports with the 45mm Panasonic macro lens because the ports are fairly long and the panasonic 45mm macro can, and will, focus on any dirt/sand on the front glass of your port and then start hunting. . . .

Phil, have you had a cance to use the new 12-35 pana zoom top-side? It certainly looks like a beautiful lens for U/W use but I was concerned as to its overall length when I saw a picture of it in its 'zoomed out' position? If you think that it would work in the Zen dome then "yeah Baby" it would be a top contender!
Bruce

No, I only just heard about that new Pana lens. It looks very enticing but the projected price made me wince. How am I ever going to get domestic approval?

Thanks for that link Nikitich. It's very interesting.

You have to be careful using any of the standard Olympus ports with the 45mm Panasonic macro lens because the ports are fairly long and the panasonic 45mm macro can, and will, focus on any dirt/sand on the front glass of your port and then start hunting. . . .
I thought so too. But the "lights" port actually looks a bit shorter. That is why you can use WA wet lens with it. May be someone who actually ownes one can confirm compatibility with 45 macro?
I do not have that port (bought a pt-ep06 without L). Wish I would have known that before buying...

As far as I know, the two ports are the same length. . . .

^^^wrong Phil :D, I was actually referring to Phil Rudin. . . hehehe
But You're right, it's a bloody expensive piece of glass.

can the original post be edited to combine the replies into one useable post for pulling the info? are we looking at doing this for the entire PEN/housing lineup (i.e. EPL1, EPL2, EP1,etc.)?

any updates?

You can add this....

Athena 100mm fisheye dome for 8mm Lumix in Olympus PT-EPxx (non lighted) housings also pairs nicely with the Rokinon 7.5mm m4/3 MFT f3.5. (Aka Samyang and Bower)

set your lens to f11 and focus index @ 0.8ft

also be sure to set the camera IS to 8mm

Back
Top Bottom