Local Grinds - the chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, all this good talk about Sabrina's is making me hungry. Im looking forward to going sometime this week myself. Let ya know what I think.

I checked some online reviews of Sabrina's and some say the wait is long, poor service, if you get in, the food is great. I'll check it out in March. Also Towns. Cheesecake factory in Waikiki always has a line, I could never get in.

On Lewers upstairs is a new restaurant(first one)....lots of food. Good too.

Cafe Miro has really gone downhill (the french place on Waelae Avenue)

Plastic table cloths, they changed the lace curtains to something really not French, removed all the beautiful old world oils, of course the food is still very expensive though.

Not worth it, although I used to love it there.

We still prefer Blue Water Grill to anywhere, overall score for best food, service and ambiance.

Where is Blue Water Grill?
Hawaii Kai, on the water at the Marina. If you know where Cha Cha's and the Shack are, it is to the right on the other side of the walk. Had dinner there Saturday, Cajun crusted Ahi, wife had potato crusted scallops. Damn fine food.

Lopaka,

The prices seem very fair to us. Next time, check out that ten dollar ground steak burger, what a deal. We like the fish a lot and the Okinawa mashed, outta site.

We are not really into spending an arm and a leg on dinner, I like it to be under 60 dollars or it does not taste too good, lol.

I went to Auntie Pasto's the other day. That's not Italian food. Worst gnocci I've ever had. Their sauces are decent, though.

The Buffalo Wings at "Marco's" on Maui were very fatty, too. I was a bit surprised.

I went to Auntie Pasto's the other day. That's not Italian food. Worst gnocci I've ever had. Their sauces are decent, though.

The Buffalo Wings at "Marco's" on Maui were very fatty, too. I was a bit surprised.
Auntie Pasto's is indeed non-Italian. They're a fast-food italian, I think. That doesn't change the fact that some of their food tastes exceptionally good, and their prices are incredibly affordable.

As for Marco's -- there used to be two different ones here. One in Kahului on the corner of Dairy Road and the Hana Hwy, then another on South Kihei Road near Maui Dive Shop Outlet. The one in Kihei changed names to Gian Don's about a year and a half ago. Marco's in Kahului has always been disappointing for me. Overpriced, poor service, tacky atmosphere and un-exceptional food. The one in Kihei was great -- awesome atmosphere (though not waterfront), great service, high priced, but the food was worth it. Gian Don's has kept the atmosphere, though reduced prices and quality a tiny bit.

If your on Oahu and want really great Italian food with an amazing setting, I have to back Gabe and the rest up on Sabrina's. That place was great! I took a date there it was perfect, they left us alone for a good hour an half so we could talk, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was just right. We had a great time. Go there and get some great grub dude, and if you have a date, I EXTREMELY recommend it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom