Long report 10-23 thru 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe there's not more to say about it but very curious about the Wannadive site at windsock. Thinking might stay at their apartments across the way so wondering about the dive and general ambiance of beach area. from small experience with Bart I am sure Wannadive would be a fine dive operation. Also do you know their policy if you aren't staying at any related Wannadive locations--how do you get access to the windsock area? open to general public?
thanks

As Mike said, you don't need to stay at WannaDive sites, you only need to use them as your Dive Op. When I was there, the first week I was at Eden Beach, and used WannaDive, the second week, I stayed at Golden Reef Inn, where Mike stayed, and Liz also uses WannaDive for the dive op.

I think the Windsock site is open to the pubic during the day, and often has a WannaDive Rep there. They have both Air and Nitrox tanks there for pickup/return. It is locked after hours, but divers who use WannaDive has special access 24/7.

I spend several hours on my last day (no-dive day) there relaxing and it very quite, and not at all crowded. I think most don't know about it.

As for the "beach", and Mike said, it's not really on the "beach". It's elevated - similiar to Bachelor's Beach, with stairs down to the water. The elevated area is very nice, done is sand with loungers and tables/chairs under palpapa's.

As far as the lodging across the road, I don't have any knowledge about that other than to say it is linked from WannaDive's website.

thanks for info. i have heard about windsock beach "resort"but don't go or haven't gone south as much as I should. I think partly due to construction this past year didn't go and before that just lazy and stayed north most of the time. figure if I stay south next time will do more southern sites etc. Windsock apartments looks fine from the website but must admit i know nothing else about them. i am sure its an upgrade over the wannadive hut :)
okay I really don't know anything about that either. I've only seen the street sign for the road that its on.
But I do know that Bart is a funny guy and look forward to someday doing business with wannadive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom