Look at what's sitting in our yard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more question... Is this yours or the public saftey department you work for?

can you give some more details about the boat and what caused you to buy this one?

Also, is this a custom config or was this customer ready upon purchase?

Post some more pics in better light when you get a chance.... Seems very interesting.

Gary,

I have one thing to say about the boat... sweeeeeeet! :D

As for the name how about Darwins little helper. :eyebrow:

With a front end lift gate like that, you could even pick up fat chicks too!
But why would you want too hehe :D

Name...Flat Bottom Girl

Really strange rig but looks like an ideal dive platform.

So far DV Tatter Tot has about half the team whizzing in their britches.

To answer some of your questions.

It now belongs to the Sheriff’s Department. We traded the County Waterways for the Almar IO I posted pics of a few days ago.

The US Navy made hundreds of these little guys and used them for hauling special equipment. The RR Track in the bilge is for ballast. The Navy used concrete but we aren’t going that far.

It’s lower on the trailer from what it was. We got it down to 12’5” so far and can go down another 4”. We already extended the tongue 4’. It looks worse than it is but it launches and loads good.

She is 21’ long, 7’6”wide and real tall.

She will be strictly a Recovery and SS vessel. Unless we are on scene prior to an accident she will be useless as a Rescue rig.

Just to stripe it and department shield on it to match the other boats is going to cost around $500. Then the twin booms, dive ladders, tank racks, Side Scan, generator, additional batteries and other stuff will add up to around $60K.

The fun has just begun.

Dive training the next two days. I know it's tough but someone has to do it :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
The US Navy made hundreds of these little guys and used them for hauling special equipment.
I want one. Go Navy.

Back
Top Bottom