Looking for firsthand experience on Seabob F5S DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the Seabob F5S DPV?
Any sightings in mainland USA? Or is this strictly a European product?

With a price tag of $12,000 usd it is a bit pricey but the video makes it look like an interesting consideration.

You get that it's not a dive DPV right? It's for towing a freediver around. It's hard to tell from their website but it appears to be always positively buoyant so it'd be pretty hard to stop at depth for any practical length of time and you'd probably be fighting to keep it down unless you somehow weighted it.

The complete lack of divers shown in the videos/gallery I watched show what it's really used for. Also the one with the yacht with several on the deck the target market.

I'd wonder if it has the torque/range to be used for diving. A full-laden diver is a lot heavier/less hydrodynamic than a freediver laying low and behind it. Looks like a lot of fun for what they're using it for.

If you've got that kind of cash for a DPV - here's one option: Genesis DPVs | Logic Dive Gear

Last edited:
You get that it's not a dive DPV right? It's for towing a freediver around.
The positive buoyancy is a concern but I wonder if that can be changed, the unit according to their website is rated to a depth of 130' so other than the positive buoyancy it could be taken to diving depths.

It just kind of reminded me of the old K2 DPVs from the mid 90's that I always wanted but couldn't afford.

Hello, my name is Katrin and I am working for the CAYAGO AG, the official SEABOB manufacturer in Germany. We sell worldwide and also have an office in Fort Lauderdale (USA) where you can order and test yours. Your contact in Fort Lauderdale is Mr. Niels Kah (kah@seabob.com). The SEABOB is suitable for professional scuba divers who can take the SEABOB down to a depth of 40 meters. For this reason we offer SEABOB weights which are fixed on the left and right side on your SEABOB. For more information you can visit our website SEABOB - Experience your element - Home Also you will find us at the DEMA Show in Las Vegas this year in November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom