Looking for information on 'two-pin EO connector' trigger for unusual camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cboyne

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently purchased an underwater 35mm film camera from a Government surplus auction. I plan to use the camera this summer for a very specific project and now that I have it in my hands, I am missing the trigger cable. The camera is in beautiful 'like-new' condition otherwise but without the trigger I cannot use it.

Thankfully, I have the original owners manual which includes some very technical information. Here is everything I have read about the trigger-

Connector: 4 conductor Electro 510F4F-4

3.1.2 BULKHEAD CONNECTOR PIN FUNCTIONS

A four pin underwater mateable connector is used to control the operation of the camera. Pins 1 and 2 are the sync connections for firing the strobe light. Pine 1 is common, while pin 2 is connected to the strobe's positive lead. Check the strobe polarity as reversing the sync leads will cause faulty camera operation.

Pins 3 and 4 are the input trigger connections, 3 being common and pin 4 the trigger. To trigger the camera, pin 4 must be shortened to pin 3.
3.1.3 SHUTTER

When the trigger input line is pulled down, the bistable latch comprised of cross coupled nand gates is set resulting in the positive excursion of the input to monostable IC2. This monostable produces a positive pulse on pin 6 of IC2. This in turn turns on the shutter drive transistor effectively connecting the shutter solenoid across the 3300 microfarad capacitor C2 which has been charged to 16 volts. As the capacitor discharges, the solenoid current decreases down to a steady state value determined by its series connections with 2.7 ohm resistor, the drive transistor, and the two IN5392 diodes.

As the shutter solenoid operates, the shutter contacts close, firing the sronge and also resetting the monostable via pin 3. Because of the short time taken to operate the contacts, the monostable's nominal 50 ms output pulse is shortened to approximately 15 ms by the reset of action on pin 3 of IC2.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might find a suitable trigger cable? Or does anyone have an older EO two-pin cable that I might be able to alter as a trigger? It is my understanding that some very early underwater strobe systems used similar cables. If I could find one of these cables maybe I could alter it to work as a trigger.

I would appreciate ANY insight!

Thanks,

Chris

Call Cooper Industries in Camarillo. I think they still make those connectors.
805) 484-0543

Bill

Back
Top Bottom