Looking for NorCal diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dead dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi NorCal divers,

I'm looking for an old time underwater photographer from NorCal by the name Al Thompson.

Any one with information on him please contact me, need history on him.

Thanking in advance,

Bill
dead dog

Bill, aka dead dog

There was a very active diver in SoCal in the 1950s to about 25 years ago by the name of Al Thompson
I was unaware that he had moved or was in NorCal or was active in UW Photography.
I was a charter member of the LA UPS as well as a cofounder of OCUPS and don't remember the Al Thompson I knew as an active member in either organization.

Could you be mistaken after the passage of all theses good years ? Could he be a SoCal diver?

That 1950 Back Plate we traded has given me fits and so far has cost a small fortune to restore. New webbing (expected) paint stripper for the painted portion - paint stripped off.

All sorts and trips to hardware stores to find a solution to remove the crumbling pastic coating. Used a wire brush on a small grinder -- not enough power so rented an 8 inch grinder and purchased an industrial wire wheel, finally removed the plastic coating
Purchased some rust preventer for the exposed metal.
Now attempting to locate a supply of plastic tool spray coating in school bus yellow.

Then reassemble the OC twin 44s to original condition
Give to son, Sam IV for his den as a relic from the past.

I question my sanity

SDM

Al Thompson could have been from SoCal, I don't know that's the reason I asked the question.

" Who is Al Thompson ? "

His name is on a 16mm underwater housing I have. Made by C.R. Dunn, named the " AQUA FLYER " model D1 made special for Al Thompson. Just wanted some history on him.

As far as the back plate, you weren't to do anything with it. You were to return it back to me, since you shipped the wrong valve to me in trade.

I asked for a 1/2" STRAIGHT valve, and you shipped me a 1/2" TAPER valve, which is no good to me.

I know you know the difference between straight and tapered.

Bill
dead dog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom