Looking For Smaller Dive Resort With Family Style Dining

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derffie

Registered
Reaction score
We just returned from a week at Utopia Village in Utila. Had a great time. Wonderful staff, great facility. But we especially enjoyed being with a smaller group that dined together. We would really like to go to dive resorts with the same degree of closeness. Any suggestions? We are still on the novice side of diving.
Thanks!

Thanks very much.
We've found a couple of places. Bohio in Grand Turk and Little Cayman Beach Resort. Wondering how folks would compare diving at these two destinations and if anyone has experience with either of these resorts.
Thanks again!

For smaller I would look at Southern Cross before lcbr. Only 11 rooms vs 40+

Derffie:

I have not. Hope to try Little Cayman as one of the stops on a live-aboard trip soon, Lord willing and providing. When you do a forum search for Little Cayman, or pretty much anything Cayman, you may just choke on the # of results. But use the more options button, and search by most recent, because things change over time.

On the other hand, finding reports on Grand Turk is a bit more of a chore. I turned up this trip report by Jungho Kim, Trip Report Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos, that looks like a decently rounded, fairly recent discussion.

One big question I'd ask...how many dives/day? I'm told with LCBR you can get in 2 morning, 1 afternoon, and maybe a little night diving over the week, so at least 3 dives/day, weather cooperating. At a number of dive destinations, 2/day is typical. How much do you want to dive?

Richard.

P.S.: Just fixed a typo. It's 1 afternoon dive at LCBR, not 3. Sorry about the mix up.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I would be happy with 2 dives, maybe 3 per day. I only have about 40 dives to date am on the cautious side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom