Looking for underwater hunters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caligula

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey!

I'm fairly recently certified so I'm not super experienced, but one of the reasons I did so is for underwater spearfishing. I'm a recent transplant (from South Carolina) so I don't know many people here, and of those few people none dive.

Anyone who spearfishes often along this coast have need or want of a buddy? Ideally you'd be someone willing to teach me a thing or two about actual spearfishing (some rod and reel fishing wouldn't hurt, either) this coast and someone who is patient with a new diver. I have all of my gear except for a speargun, lead, and knife. I have a valid fishing license but no abalone card. I hope to get a speargun soon(ish).

I live in Sebastopol so people sort of close would be best. Thanks!

I have not seen too many people spearfish on SCUBA in our area. Although, many of the popular dive sites that enjoy protection from winds/swell are also protected marine sanctuaries.

You might want to post a message on Speaboard.com or inquire with the Monterey Bay Tritons. MBT is a spearfishing club, but I don't know if it's apnea only. You should also look at Calfiornia Department of Fish and Wildlife. Regulations impose not only a limit on the number of fish but also the taking of specific species.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom