Low Volume Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I got back last month from the Keys and it was a blast. For the trip, I picked up the Omersub Alien mask of course, as well as the Mares Volo Races and a OceanMaster Dry Snorkel. Man...I loved my time in the water. The mask was a dead on seal and had zero issues with leakage. The clarity was not crystal clear but the 1st mate on the boat who was also a dive master noticed I had not "scrubbed" in the lenses well enough so he squirted some softscrub in them which helped tremendously. I loved the Races as well as the Dry Snorkel. For a snorkel trip, I don't think I could have purchased better equipment. Looking forward to more snorkeling!

Thanks all for the recommendations. Armed with that, further research, and trying some masks on at the local dive shop, I purchased an Omersub Alien mask. I'll be trying it out this weekend at a local quarry...Circleville Twin Quarries. My son and I are heading there on Friday...taking the camper and staying all weekend. We're field testing our gear, getting ready for a trip to the Caribbean in December.

Thanks again! :14:

Our weekend at Twin Quarries went off without a hitch. We had a great time, and all of our new gear worked like a charm. This includes a new underwater housing for our digital camera. It was a good shakedown run for the gear, and now we're all set for our trip in December. Here are some pictures, and here is some video. :14:

Dave

Hi... sorry for bring up an old post. But i don't want to create a new thread for a question someone has asked.

I got this TUSA CEOS M-212 Mask which TUSA claims to be low volume.

On Friday, I drop by a Cressi dealer and decided to try on Cressi Big Eye and Cressi Ocean which are both low volume.

Comparing with my Tusa Ceos, I realize wearing both the Cressi Masks, I can even see my chest buckle due to the even lower profile at the bottom of the mask. Which I kinda like due to the ability to look at things on my body when necessary.

Ok, i've always read about low profile/volume mask are designed for free diver for a few benefits over high volume masks. Is the benefits applies to scuba diving as well???

Is there any problem with low profile/volume mask with scuba diving???

Thank you in advance.

Timz.

Hi... sorry for bring up an old post. But i don't want to create a new thread for a question someone has asked.

I got this TUSA CEOS M-212 Mask which TUSA claims to be low volume.

On Friday, I drop by a Cressi dealer and decided to try on Cressi Big Eye and Cressi Ocean which are both low volume.

Comparing with my Tusa Ceos, I realize wearing both the Cressi Masks, I can even see my chest buckle due to the even lower profile at the bottom of the mask. Which I kinda like due to the ability to look at things on my body when necessary.

Ok, i've always read about low profile/volume mask are designed for free diver for a few benefits over high volume masks. Is the benefits applies to scuba diving as well???

Is there any problem with low profile/volume mask with scuba diving???

Thank you in advance.

Timz.

I don't know any benefit that a scuba diver might get from a larger volume mask. We have been selling a super low volume mask for a few years now and have had excellent feedback from both scuba divers and freedivers.

As you describe the new, very low volume masks provide EXCELLENT visibility. The improved visibility is because the faceplate is located very close to the eyes, so there is essentially zero loss of of peripheral vision and also up and down. As you describe being able to look down at your chest can be very beneficial to a scuba diver.

This mask fits so well that I guarantee you will love it, or I will accept a return. The price is low because I sell DIRECT, with no retail stores or middleman to mark the price up.

Minimus "Mini" Freedive Mask | MAKO Spearguns

MMM-2T.jpg

mmm-buckle-mount_dtl.jpg

thanks

Dano

I don't know any benefit that a scuba diver might get from a larger volume mask. We have been selling a super low volume mask for a few years now and have had excellent feedback from both scuba divers and freedivers.

As you describe the new, very low volume masks provide EXCELLENT visibility. The improved visibility is because the faceplate is located very close to the eyes, so there is essentially zero loss of of peripheral vision and also up and down. As you describe being able to look down at your chest can be very beneficial to a scuba diver.

This mask fits so well that I guarantee you will love it, or I will accept a return. The price is low because I sell DIRECT, with no retail stores or middleman to mark the price up.

Minimus "Mini" Freedive Mask | MAKO Spearguns

MMM-2T.jpg

mmm-buckle-mount_dtl.jpg

thanks

Dano

Thanks for the response. I am not too sure if it'll fit me having am asian frame.

And how much would it cost to ship to Malaysia??

Thanks for the response. I am not too sure if it'll fit me having am asian frame.

And how much would it cost to ship to Malaysia??

It fits a lot of people! Try using our website and it should kick out a shipping cost. If you have any trouble, please give a us a call during normal business hours and our staff will walk you through it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom