LP's Blue Reef brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple of blue reef pieces including a smb. No problems. It's the Kind of brand you use for gear that is not critical.

Thanks for all the links and the helpful reply!

Would I be better off spending just a tad more through DGX and getting an OMS lift bag, or a different brand SMB instead?

Are you specifically diving for something where you need a lift bag? Or is it just a nice to have in case? I haven't needed one in 35 years of diving although I have lifted smaller things with my BC once or twice.
I've thought thru my dive buddies list and don't think I know anyone who owns one either.

I'm pretty sure I own this SMB: http://www.leisurepro.com/p-blrdbs6/blue-reef-6183m-smb
Only used it once when I was diving off a boat that required one and never unrolled it. I think my buddy has had it for the last couple of years.

Last edited:
I don't know why you would buy a lift bag at this stage of the game.

I can't tell about the SMB. If the only way to attach it to anything is that plastic suicide clip, I would not buy it. I would say to either get a really cheap one (<$20 - DGX Safety Sausage | Dive Gear Express®) and know you'll buy a better one later. Or just go ahead and spend more to get a good one. I would suggest to look at the DAN one, the XS Scuba one, and Carter. There are good 6' ones that are reasonably priced. Thus, I would not bother to get a shorter one.

I have and use the SMB. No problems. As mentioned above, it has a crappy suicide clip. I don't use the clip, but have a spool threaded through the webbing at the clip.
I use at as a DSMB exclusively.

Back
Top Bottom