Lynx: lot lot to like but few Hmm's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys,

So, almost 2 years after the last post here, I bet there's been a lot of changes.

Have all your suggestions been taken into account? I'm looking for a principal computer and my old one (Oceanic) will become my secondary one. This seems like a great way to work with my buddy (my partner in life) and even any insta-buddy I might be paired with on random dives, so I'm actually in the market for 2 of them if you guys end up being positive with your replies... (also monitoring the internet for sales and used ones hehe)

Thanks
:)

@griffon

Hi Guys,

So, almost 2 years after the last post here, I bet there's been a lot of changes.

Have all your suggestions been taken into account? I'm looking for a principal computer and my old one (Oceanic) will become my secondary one. This seems like a great way to work with my buddy (my partner in life) and even any insta-buddy I might be paired with on random dives, so I'm actually in the market for 2 of them if you guys end up being positive with your replies... (also monitoring the internet for sales and used ones hehe)

Thanks

@griffon
Whilst the battery consumption seems to have improved from what it was at launch, it still is far too high. I have found on a typical 7 day liveaboard, I needed at least one, and usually two battery changes(for the lynx).

With over 200 dives on it now, I have only lost the tranmitter signal twice. Both times I regained by moving the lynx up near the transmitter.

I would hold off until the omnix is released. It has builtin rechargeable batteries.

Whilst the battery consumption seems to have improved from what it was at launch, it still is far too high. I have found on a typical 7 day liveaboard, I needed at least one, and usually two battery changes(for the lynx).

With over 200 dives on it now, I have only lost the tranmitter signal twice. Both times I regained by moving the lynx up near the transmitter.

I would hold off until the omnix is released. It has builtin rechargeable batteries.

Hi @recd

Thanks for the reply. I usually don't buy whatever comes out right off the bat. And in a way, being able to change the batts can be a dive saver, assuming it is not too annoying to do so...

Any work on when the omnix will come out? As of now the liquivision website is not operational! I'm trying liquivision.com

Nah, there was some bug fixes but they never got this right nor went anywhere more interesting. They also never cleaned up the back end software or added direct subsurface (libcomp) support.
I was on a Belize trip last year and somebody on the boat had one and half her screen would fail at depth but was fine on the surface. It was brand new. Add in the two failures I had, transmitter and depth sensor, I had early on... I don't trust the build quality, though I'm sure statistically they are aberrations. I sold mine and got a mares icon black that I have been pretty happy with (few Issims). I have a hundred dives on it and I have not had to change the dam transmitter battery once. Won't find my buddy but nobody else I knew ever had a lynx to try out the other features.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

@griffon

@griffon thanks for the update! Sad though... Looks like a great product of they can just tweek as per the suggestions you guys made!

Just wanted to shoot you all a message to say thanks for your feedback. While we can't address every change, we appreciate your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom