Mach V 18!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DwainT:
Go to the Oxynote page on the website and click on the Mach V Razor Wing...

Regards,
Dwain

I can't really see it. Is it the soft STA?

According to Patrick, there are no current plans for a Mach V 18# wing two-piece design with an outer shell and inner bladder with the roll control device. The one-piece Mach V Razor 18# design with the roll control device is what will continue to be manufactured.

Dang it... another wing I gotta have.

Oh... Patrick... I'm also thinkin' about another doubles wing for caving using AL80s... what's your latest fav for this... still the Bill Main Razor 50#? Which one in your line up would be the most streamline? 40# lift would be my preference.

evad....

The roll control device is just four small square pieces of nylon with padding or tubing on the edges that look like the Oxycheq soft STA without the grommet holes. That's all that is needed to prevent tank roll. One square piece is just under his thumb in the picture, and another square piece is just under his other four fingers.

This looks like almost exactly what I did to my Mach V Extreme 30 with cam band slots several months ago when I bought it, except I only used two pieces, instead of four. I took an Oxycheq soft STA, cut the top and bottom grommet holes off, and then had a shoe repair shop sew the two separate pieces of the soft STA onto the center of my wing. It works like a charm, and it looks like Oxycheq agrees.

Dwain/Pat,
What changes have been made to the Mach V Razor as compared to the Mach III Razor?

-Ben

ps - Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :rofl3: I dove yesterday evening with my trusty Oxycheq Signature 40, but I have to admit that I used the Gillette this morning.

Attachments

• razor.gif
    razor.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
realdiver7:
evad....

The roll control device is just two small square pieces of nylon with padding or tubing on the edges that look like the Oxycheq soft STA without the grommet holes. That's all that is needed to prevent tank roll. One square piece is just under his thumb in the picture, and the other square piece is just under his other four fingers.

This looks like almost exactly what I did to my Mach V Extreme 30 several months ago when I bought it. I took an Oxycheq soft STA, cut the top and bottom grommet holes off, and then had a shoe repair shop sew the two separate pieces of the soft STA onto the center of my wing. It works like a charm, and now it is apparent that Oxycheq agrees.

Thanks. I have one of the early ones without the cam-band slots. Maybe I'll cut some slots and get rid of the STA.

evad.....

I have revised my last post after speaking with Patrick. His roll control device has four separate pieces. My homemade roll control device only has two pieces.

I can do other colors, but they would have to be made when I make a run of wings.

In the last run of Mach Vs, we made some Camo and pink. In the past, made one in blue.

Off to the CDS Conference. Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Nemrod:
I may have to have the 18 pound Mach V. Can it be gotten in something other than dreadful black. I like black and all, love Johnny Cash but sometimes I feel like a nut.

N

The Razor 50# or the Vertex 42 Pound 360 loop Wing would do the trick for Al 80's doubled up....

If you are diving inside of wrecks I would recommend the Vertex... Bill is still diving his Razor 50 in caves along with many other divers. It comes down to making a decision.... :D

Best Regards,
Dwain

Stephen Ash:
Dang it... another wing I gotta have.

Oh... Patrick... I'm also thinkin' about another doubles wing for caving using AL80s... what's your latest fav for this... still the Bill Main Razor 50#? Which one in your line up would be the most streamline? 40# lift would be my preference.

Hidden from eyes by Camo... :D Can you see it???

Attachments

• MachVColor.jpg
    MachVColor.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 72
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom