macro lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kuti

Registered
Reaction score
Hi every one,I need your help.My set up is like this .Camera HDR HC1 in an Ikelite housing.I have bought two macro lense the Epoque dml-2.I and scrwed them together and put them in a case attached to the housing to use them when I needed them only.Last Sunday while diving I tried them out.I screwed them under water but when I looed in the viewfinder I saw water in the middle part between the two lenses.I tried to unscrew the outer lens to remove the air but it was very hard to unscrew them in fact I taught I have dameged the thread although when I screw them on land I screw them together without any effort.I removed the two lenses together under water and put them back in the case.When I finished the dive I tried to unscrew the lenses and this time it was not hard.Can someone tell me what I have done wrong,Do I have to screw the lenses to gether under water so that all the air in between is removed.The two lenses are screwed to gether with both faces joing together without any gap.
Thank in advance for any reply.
Kuti:confused:

Kuti:
Hi every one,I need your help.My set up is like this .Camera HDR HC1 in an Ikelite housing.I have bought two macro lense the Epoque dml-2.I and scrwed them together and put them in a case attached to the housing to use them when I needed them only.Last Sunday while diving I tried them out.I screwed them under water but when I looed in the viewfinder I saw water in the middle part between the two lenses.I tried to unscrew the outer lens to remove the air but it was very hard to unscrew them in fact I taught I have dameged the thread although when I screw them on land I screw them together without any effort.I removed the two lenses together under water and put them back in the case.When I finished the dive I tried to unscrew the lenses and this time it was not hard.Can someone tell me what I have done wrong,Do I have to screw the lenses to gether under water so that all the air in between is removed.The two lenses are screwed to gether with both faces joing together without any gap.
Thank in advance for any reply.
Kuti:confused:

IMHO I think that you didn't do anything wrong , when you screw them together above water the air trapped in between them under water because the big difference in the pressure became to behave like vacuum that why was hard to unscrew.

Hi,thanks for replying but what I can do to avoid the air beeing traped.
Thanks again.
Kuti

Ok ,I will do that although screwing fine threads under water need more attention ,better unscrew but if there is no other option I have to do that and be very carefull.
Thanks for your support.
Kuti

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom