MAKO Spearguns American Reverse Trigger Mechanism

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Dear Custom Gun Builders and Do It Yourself Gun Builders,

I am very grateful to officially announce the release of the new MAKO Spearguns American Reverse Trigger Mechanism designed by custom gun builder and fellow forum member, Jeff DeRocher (aka Tin Man).

mstm_sml.jpg

Before I get into the mech, I want to take a moment to say what an honor it is to again, represent another quality product designed by Tin Man.

As with Tin Man’s other designs, such as the original MAKO/Tin Man AR15 Handle Frame, the MAKO/Tin Man AR15 American Spearguns and the MAKO/Tin Man Pinch Weights, I am grateful for this additional opportunity.

And, I take seriously, the responsibility to manufacture, sell and service all of these high quality products in the professional manner that is expected of me.

I also want to thank the guys, listed below, who have been testing the new mech over the past 8 to 10 months. All of these guys are highly respected in the field of custom gun building / spearfishing. Their knowledge of trigger mechanisms, guns, and overall spearfishing is unprecedented. I thank them all for their input to make this new trigger mechanism a success.

Bubba Blackwell (Blacktip Custom Spearguns): Custom Gun Builder, Expert Spearo

Hau (a.k.a. Greg Reisinger): Expert Spearo

Wood Guy: Custom Gun Builder, Speargun Designer, Speargun Parts Designer, Engineer

John Dornelus: Expert Freediver/ Spearo, Freedive Instructor, Writer HSD Magazine

Johnathan Latta: Expert Freediver/Spearo, Freedive Instructor, Competitive Deep Freediver

Joe Solomon: Expert Freediver/Spearo, custom gun builder, Engineer

Randy Webb: Expert Spearo and Custom gun builder

Jason Tiller (Impaler Custom Spearguns): Expert Freediver/Spearo,
Commercial Spearfisherman, Custom Gun Builder

I also want to thank world famous Speargun Expert, “Kitto” for testing our mechs. Thanks Kitto!

Now, onto the new MAKO Spearguns American Reverse Trigger Mechanism.

The new MAKO Spearguns American Reverse Trigger Mechanism is now available to the Custom Gun Builders and the “Do It Yourself” guys.

It has some unique features that will make this reverse trigger mechanism quite attractive for your next build.

Features include:

• Easily Interchangeable line release with different lengths available for any build.
• Trigger Lever tension derived from torsion spring for smooth transition.
• Uniquely constructed for both standard trigger and push rod configurations.
• Available in Right Handed and Left Handed Line Release Options
• All Stainless Steel Chassis 3” long x 1” tall by ½” wide
• All Stainless Steel Components
• Independently tested by Kitto to 1,750 lbs.​

Price: $55.95 includes your choice of long or short line release lever.

In closing, I want to thank my customers who have helped me grow since starting 4 years ago.

With your help I have, among other things, been able to:
• Partner with Yamamoto Neoprene of Japan and a world class fin maker to make some of the finest wetsuits and fins available.
• Release the completely up armored, MAKO Spearguns Predator 2G Railgun (Second Generation).
• Contract with one of Italy’s finest knife makers and a premier mask factory to make the MAKO Spearguns Kona Kill Knife and MAKO Mini Freedive Mask.
• Release my South African Shark Fin Tab Spears, Slip Tips and Reels.
• Produce the Mako Spearguns Rapid On/Off Go Pro Speargun Camera Mounting Bracket
• Partner with Tin Man to produce the MAKO Spearguns /Tin Man Pinch Weights, the AR15 Frame, and the AR15 Spearguns​

And now, with the release of the new MAKO Spearguns American Reverse Trigger Mechanism, designed by Tin Man, I now have an even broader line of high quality products.

Thanks Guys! Thanks, Tin Man!

Dive safe,
Dano

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom