Mallorca (Spain, Baleares) - Southcoast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_BK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome to my next little diving trip to mallorca. This time I want to look specifically at the underwater world of the south coast. I start with a first day of diving at portocolom, which leads directly to the wreck of the peter danzig - here I am (once again) amazed by the clear visibility that can be found in the mediterranean sea. The day trip to the Cabrera nature reserve is scheduled for the next day. Unfortunately the weather conditions there only allow one dive and the following days to Cabrera are also cancelled. So next I test the waters around Cala D Or. For the last day of diving I return to Portocolom and visit the resident school of barracuda at es fred.

camera: GoPro Hero 9 (+ 2x 8000 lumen lightt)
settings: 2,7k / 60fps / white balance: native / Iso 100-400

divespots:

Portocolom - Wreck Peter Danzig, Es Faro (East Coast Divers)
Cabrera - Marine Park (Aventura IB)
Cala Dor - Cala Cran (MST Diving)
Porto Colom - Es Fred (East Coast Divers)

With the charged drone off we go to the rocks of the badia blava. This is followed by visits to the crystal clear bays typical of the south coast. These calas are rather visited in the off-season. We continue inland to the green & wooded hilly landscape around the monastery of sant salvador. This contrasts with the otherwise flat and stony coastline. This is followed by the port of portocolom and the famous bays of mondrago and moro.

Spots visited:

Badia Brava - Cala Pi - Cala En Paias - Sant Salvador - Portocolom - Cala Mondrago - Calo del Moro

You are a very good video maker both in and out of the water

thank you - always a pleasure :cool:

Back
Top Bottom