Manila Airport to Batangas Pier via public bus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. I am kind of worried about what nelsondejesus is talking about...now I wonder whether it isn't just worth the extra bucks to get a private transfer to the pier. I was quoted 3200 pesos by the resort for transfer to the pier. Maybe it ends up being worth it, especially if I end up having to spend the night in Batangas. I would have to pay twice that night, since I am already booked at a PG resort.

Does 3200 pesos sound about right for a private transfer from NAIA to Batangas Pier?

I've paid 3450 for our private transfer from the domestic airport (our flight lands at 11:55am) to Batangas. What date are you travelling to PG ?

How do the JAM buses compare with others? I've used Victory Liner many times... are they of equal quality?

I've taken victory liner up to Clark as well. Both the JAM and Victory Liner terminals are chaotic, but I find both lines maintain their buses in reasonably good repair and air con is readily available on these routes. In both cases the seats are smaller than western standards. I once had an interesting experience on a Philtranco Bus. The bus was freezing cold and no CR. The bus driver had to pull over and most of the men including myself got off to take a pee off the side of a cliff. Everyone took it in stride. As Blue said, it's not a bad idea to avoid drinking on the bus.:rofl3:

Again....take a car.....it is a vacation....enjoy yourself.....

it is a vacation....enjoy yourself.....

It sure is! And taking the JAM bus was one of my first direct contacts with Pinoys and the local culture and was an absolutely awesome experience! I wouldn't do it any other way...:coffee:

This said, I think the OP is on a very tight schedule to get to destination. And for this, taking private transport makes a lot of sense...:coffee:

How do the JAM buses compare with others? I've used Victory Liner many times... are they of equal quality?
I personally like Victory Liner buses better but the JAM buses are comfortable enough to get you from Manila to Batangas. I've never seen or taken a souped up JAM bus like the VL deluxe buses to Baguio.

Again....take a car.....it is a vacation....enjoy yourself.....
Precisely! Getting there is half the fun, take the public transport and save at least P2,500.00= 50 SMB.

thanks for all the great replies! I am gonna take the private transfer, cause I can see myself getting antsy and anxious if there are any delays...once I calculate paying for a night of accommodation twice (PG booking and Batangas emergency layover) the price would even out. I'll prolly do the public bus back though...that's what I did last time, (2005) and it took a looong time to get to Manila.

Anyone need a ride to Batangas on Feb. 24th? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom