Manila hotel recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinksquiddiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello :D,
Traveling solo to Anilao in April of 2016, need to overnight in Manila one night each way.
Looking for a reasonably priced, safe hotel that is close to the airport.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

I don't know of much cheap that's 'close to the airport'... it's all relative to the traffic (recently voted "worst city traffic in the world"). Even travelling between terminals can take hours on a bad day.

I use Tune Hotel in Makati for any stopovers in Metro Manila. It's economical and good standard - the company has branches across Asia.

Allow plenty if time to get to NAIA.... and prepared to be bored waiting at the airport, it's far from nice.

Go Hotels - A place for every Juan
They are going to open(soon?) a branch at Manila Airport Road. The other two branches in Manila are too far from the airport.
I had stayed in their hotels in Bacolod and Iloilo, cheap and cheerful.

I am also overnighting in Manila in April and for now, have picked the Remington. However, it doesn't take a reservation at least until next month.

the best option for me is the nichols airport hotel. you may prebook on hotels . com among others. price is reasonable, complimentary airport pick-up (a huge plus, where the wait for a taxi at naia can literally be HOURS, and easy to either get back to the airport or exit the city (southbound).

I went with the Heritage Hotel. It's extremely close to the airport, has a shuttle, looks pretty nice, and is about $100.

Note there's not a huge reason to take a taxi between terminals anymore. The airport shuttle doesn't run super frequent, but it's efficient and handy and drives airside. I guess if you're impatient or maybe the middle of the night it might not be there, but I've used it a few times without problem. It is the Phils though, so YMMV.

the best option for me is the nichols airport hotel.

Just don't eat at their restaurant, they gave me food poisoning for my first time in traveling for over 30 years.
It is just around the block from the airport so it's really quick to get to the airport.

Just don't eat at their restaurant, they gave me food poisoning for my first time in traveling for over 30 years.
It is just around the block from the airport so it's really quick to get to the airport.

yikes. ithink i had the complimentary breakfast, no ill effects. the area has developed pretty nicely in the last couple of years and there are places to eat within easy, safe walking distance. including, believe it or not, a jollibee. :rofl3: my recollection is i paid between 30 and $40 usd. but lately (since i took up scuba) i have more time than money.

yikes. ithink i had the complimentary breakfast, no ill effects. the area has developed pretty nicely in the last couple of years and there are places to eat within easy, safe walking distance. including, believe it or not, a jollibee. :rofl3: my recollection is i paid between 30 and $40 usd. but lately (since i took up scuba) i have more time than money.

Yeah when we came back thru on the way home we ate at the jollibee instead. It wasn't fun I'll spare you the gory details, but I was lucky enough to be mobile for my flight the next morning, I was half delirious and went all the way to Malapascua in that state.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom