Maolbaol and Oslob - any dive operators/accoms to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubydooo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have 19-24 Jan off and am thinking of a trip to Cebu to dive in Maolbaol and Oslob. I've never been before so was wondering if anyone had a good experience with any operator/accommodation?

Also, any suggestions on other places to dive in the area or places to see, given the time I have?

Thanks!

I had a great experience with Savedra Dive Center on Panagasama beach in Moalboal. I stayed across the street at Savedra Beach Bungalows. I really liked all the DMs and if Lee Butler is still the Course Director, he is a top rate individual also. When I go back to Cebu I will dive with Savedra again.

I have not used and other operators so I can't compare them. Savedra exceeded my expectations, so that is where I will return.

We stayed and dived with turtle Bay twice, a very nice resort but very quite. Magic Island next door looked more lively and also gets great reviews.

The diving in the are is great , especially the night dives and of course the whalesharks in Oslob are wonderful.

Ocean Safari Philippines(Nelson's place) and stay next door at Eve's Kiosk. No sea view but it did not bother us.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies! Another question - do all dive operators dive all sites of Maolbaol? Or does the choice of dive operator affect where I can dive?

Thanks everyone for your quick replies! Another question - do all dive operators dive all sites of Maolbaol? Or does the choice of dive operator affect where I can dive?
They will all go to Pescado Island, sardines and those nearby. but if you want to go eg. The Sanctuary then you need a group of you because of the distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom