1. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Does anyone have any experience with this BC? I'm looking at this and the Sherwood Axis

2. scubatoys

scubatoys ScubaBoard Business Sponsor ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

We've sold a fair number of them so far, and people have been very positive. I tried it in the pool, and I like it for a jacket style BC, but I'm a little more of a back inflate guy myself.

Overall, we are selling a more of the standard than the Air Trim dragons, as if looking for the air trim, the customers are normally just snapping up the LE Metal Air trim bc, since those are in a sub 400 price point with the air trim, and really what the dragon was designed after.

3. The Mighty Thor

Anyone, Anyone, ...Bueler?

4. Zak OHara

Zak OHara Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Steely,

Here is a heads up. The Dragon BCD is a "testers choice" BCD in the August edition of Scuba Diving magazine. This is a great bc and an exceptional value considering all of the features and benefits this bc has relative to similar or more expensive BCD's.

Good diving to you,

5. Ontwreckdiver

Ontwreckdiver Manta Ray

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I have owned a dragonfly airtrim BC for about 4 years and love it . It is really well made and I like the combo jacket & back buoyancy

6. TheDavil

TheDavil Nassau Grouper

Arrrrrggghhhh...you would have to throw a monkey wrench into my plans :D ... My wife and I had pretty much settled on the Dragon, now I see this LE Metal w/ air trim. What are the differences between that and the Dragon? I like how the BC kind of 'wraps around' the tank in the back on the Dragon - does the LE Metal have that?

Dang, now I have something else to obsess over....

David

7. The Mighty Thor

I just tried out the Dragon BC for the first time, and I am glad I bought it. It is very comfortable. Great padding in the shoulder and back. Fit like a dream. I had to walk quite a distance geared up and the back padding made a world of difference. I knew the weight was there, but couldn't feel the tank, which never moved an inch during the dive. I had no problems getting horizontal, like other jacket styles. The weight pockets are a little sticky for dumping weight. The only down side is that all the padding makes the BC a little heavy, but not any more than other similar jacket style BCs

8. touf

touf Guest

I bought the LE Metal BC from Scubatoys a couple months ago. I have just returned from one month of Diving In SE Asia and other than for the BS being a bit heavy when being carried in my luggage, I love this BSC.
    It is very confortable, plenty of space in the pockets. Once I got a hang of the Airtrim, I just can t think of using another BC. My favorite is being able to trim in any position.

9. djanni

djanni Photographer

ScubaLab's newly published review choose the Mares Dragon #1 jacket style BC's.

10. JCDdiver

JCDdiver Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I've been diving it every weekend for the last month and I really like it.

11. SBP Studios

SBP Studios Barracuda

Does MAres make a back inflate? How does it rate to the Zeagle?

12. Tek Adventure Diver

Tek Adventure Diver Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I own this BC, i do like a bp/w , but for a jacket bc, this is amazing. Its dump vavles a in a greet location, although, the intergrated pockets fall out,, ITs not good, when u have to do a free ascent from over 100 ft with bout 15 pounds on ur right side, so make sure u use a weight belt

13. SBP Studios

SBP Studios Barracuda

You referring to the Sherwood AXis or MAres Dragon?

14. Tek Adventure Diver

Tek Adventure Diver Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Im reffering to Mares Dragon, the dragon is partial back inflate

15. The Mighty Thor

I heard that there were some pockets for the Mares Dragon which were missing a pin. Just return them and all should be well.

16. Warren

Warren Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Question on the Air Trim... Can you still orally inflate the BC in an emergency???

17. Ontwreckdiver

Ontwreckdiver Manta Ray

There is a rubber hose in the right pocket you can pull out to orally inflate it

18. blindref757

blindref757 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    It's only in the right pocket if you are looking at it from the front. If you are wearing it, it is in the left pocket...right next to the inflator.;)

I have the LE Metal...thanks Larry...and the AirTrim is AWESOME. Most people who have never dove this bc, are leary of the AT device--but once you dive it and get used to it, it is very very functional.

19. Fordan

Fordan Single Diver

Got this BC (with Airtrim) before doing a liveaboard last week. One thing that initially confused me when in the pool learning it is that unlike an inflator hose, the top button adds air, and the front button dumps air. Once I grasped that, I liked the BC a lot.

20. CODMAN

CODMAN Barangay Pasaway

I confirm! I've got a Morphos pro with Airtrim... Once you've tried it, you never want to go back! Love this system!:coffee: