Question Mares Masks - X-Vision Chrome LS vs. X-Vision Ultra LS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainPanda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Both appear to be the same basic style and shape, both have LiquidSkin silicone, one is offered in more colors. Are there any other differences between the masks that I'm not seeing?

The X-Vision Chrome frame is made from a different material.
"The frame of this mask is made from a chromed bimaterial technopolymer to offer the best mechanical characteristics together with a new elegant look."

X-Vision Ultra
"- New moulded bi-silicone face piece for improved fit and comfort"

This isn’t what you asked, but I just wanted to offer this: I have a Mares Essence with LiquidSkin and while it worked well for a dozen dives, it seems to leak once I started to dive in colder water. I tried things to get it to stop, but I have not been successful. Maybe it’s not meant for my face shape, but it’s strange how it became leaky after working well at first. I’m not offering an opinion, just relating my experience.

I have 2 Mares X-Vision Liquid Skin masks that I have been diving up here in the cold Great Lakes for about 10 to 15 years and they work just as good as they did on the first day.

Heh... I have a X-Vision Ultra Liquidskin. It is my first mask and while I have the itch to replace it with a frameless mask, it fits pretty great and it's kinda hard to justify spending money when I don't really need a replacement!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom