Marmora Area dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a beautiful place! I had no idea that Marmora had this gem, Looks like it would make an awesome dive site if it was set up for divers like Gilboa quarry. Looks like it might be difficult to get down to the water with all the high cliffs around it.Check out this video I found on you tube...

A deep divers dream. apparently it is over 600ft deep. Not sure if there are some shallower sections but want to find out.
Looks like there might be some other nice sites in the area but as I have never been there hoping to get some insight.

I only know of the site just after the dams. We went to the Marmora dive festival in '14 and went back there a year later for a checkout dive before a big trip.

It's a beautiful spot in a park with easy access. Underwater it's max 35'deep with a current on the far side. Lots and lots of lumber from it's days when lumber was transported downriver. Pike, bass, crayfish, etc. Coming back to the entry site is easy as the current lets up on the east shore and is shallower, we surprised a few pike on the way back. I also took my new GoPro rig with 2 BigBlue 5600 lights and it really lit up the bottom, I would take lights. I never posted the footage as it was 8g+. Yellowish water, viz...10-15' if memory serves.

Crowe river dam site used to have an old ore car or similar at the bottom, don't remember exactly where but dove on it in 91

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom