Martinique or Tobago

Martinique or Tobago

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvincayman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an option for a week on either island for Diving next November. Have never been to either. I am looking for opinions - my wife is a land lubber (non-diver) so need something that can keep her happy above the surface and keep me happy below.

Any thoughts on either destination?

Thanks

M

I've not been to Martinique but I'm originally from Trinidad and Tobago and just two weeks (over thanksgiving) spent a few days diving in Tobago. Lots of diving locations (wrecks, reefs, etc) weather is consistently warm, great food...I would say that the options above water (besides the beach) could be limited. There are lots of options with regards to eco-tourism (bird watching, turtles). If you stay in the south of the island (near the airport) there is a mall and other shops. Lots of bars and restaurants dotted across the south also.

It surface activities are a deal breaker...consider Barbados as an alternative (lots more to do on the surface).

Did you see this old thread, Tobago - Give the good and the bad? Damselfish linked to more threads from within that one. Haven't been to Tobago; IIRC, when I read about it, I read about strong currents and drift diving.

How about Guadeloupe or Martinique? Look at Post #7 by FreeWillow, including this bit - "All the dive opps are speaking french. Most of them speek a reasonable english. Keep in mind however that the majority of divers will be frenchspeaking."

What's your comfort level for destinations where English isn't as dominant?

If you go to one of these, post a trip report! I don't see many for either.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom