Mask Fogging Prep- Microfiber Cloth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I dunk me head in the camera drum?

Because I ain't putting it in the mask, reg, drum.

I forgot to mention that adding a silica gel desiccant pack can be very effective. You may loose partial field of view, but the remaining visible glass is crystal clear!

IMG20240205110800.jpg

Be careful what kind of sunscreen you use (if any). I used some Blue Lizard reef safe stuff on a trip and it got into the mask. Worst fogging ever. Drove me crazy and took a lot of work to get it off. I tossed the sunscreen and luckily I had a backup mask.

I have always used the burn/lighter method, but now I have prescription lenses. I wouldn't even think of using a lighter on the glued lenses. My rx lenses fogged for dozens of dives until I finally found a defogger which worked. I've got close to 150 dives with the mask now and any defogging technique works. I assume defogging it so many times has now eliminated whatever was causing the issue initially. I'm definitely interested in strategies to clear the defogging issue quicker. In a few months, I'm getting my rx updated and I'll be ordering an additional mask. I'll definitely give it a good microfiber rub to see if it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom