matching equipment!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jack hockett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

Im pretty new to diving over the last year and a bit i have completed my OW and AOW and have been really getting into my diving and enjoying it.
i started buying my own equipment and I'm a bit ocd and want everything to be the same i have aqualung regs and everything else but now that I'm looking at bcds and I'm steering towards the scuba pro x-black bcd or apeks black ice lol:(.

i know apeks are basically aqualung but i was just wondering if anyone was like me and liked stuff to match haha?

:)

I like stuff to match in other areas of my life, but NOT in diving. In fact, I think you can match TOO much and end up looing like gear clone, or some commercial add.

Different companies excel at different things. So I try to get the best hear I can afford from what ever supplier has it on hand.

what AJ said, but no I try to specifically avoid matching with manufacturers. No one manufacturer does everything the best, so I prefer to buy the best equipment I can instead of trying to have it all match.

for me that is poseidon regs, deep sea supply backplates, hollis sidemount rig, etc etc

Hi all

Im pretty new to diving over the last year and a bit i have completed my OW and AOW and have been really getting into my diving and enjoying it.
i started buying my own equipment and I'm a bit ocd and want everything to be the same i have aqualung regs and everything else but now that I'm looking at bcds and I'm steering towards the scuba pro x-black bcd or apeks black ice lol:(.

i know apeks are basically aqualung but i was just wondering if anyone was like me and liked stuff to match haha?

:)

I know a few people like that. Oddly most of my stuff is same brand and I didn't intend to do it that way.

I've seen some folks try to match colours with custom hoses and straps and such, and I get 'White' when I can, but most just go for the black and chrome "water-ninja" look. It never gets old. Getting all from same brand would be a waste of time unless you got a package deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom