May Gray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry said the wind came up early and strong yesterday so we planned to make an early start this morning. My eyes didn't want to open so we slept in a bit. We paid for that later.

Underwater conditions were great again as we enjoyed twenty-five feet vis on the crane near Haggerty's. The red algae that covered everything last year is gone, but so were most of the critters. We only found a couple of Spanish Shawls but no yellowfin fringeheads. The moray eels were nowhere to be seen although a few locals remained. Rubberlip perch cruised in their usual spot in the kelp as well as under the crane. Garabaldis are nesting on the tires and gear wheels again. The one highlight was a school of black croakers but they only came close when we weren't looking. I managed one shot from just in strobe range before they thumbed their fins at me.

The water continues to cool. We had 52° which is normal for Palos Verdes this time of year. We surfaced in time to see wind waves everywhere. We called it a day after one dive. We'll try to get out at Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow.

Haggertys%201_zpsq9eulces.jpg

Haggertys%202_zpsdw848ma7.jpg

Haggertys%203_zpsa6boqa9h.jpg

Haggertys%204_zpscfhojx5t.jpg

Haggertys%205_zpsas0o0p05.jpg

Haggertys%207_zpskzbqlo8x.jpg

Haggertys%209_zps676mdrak.jpg

Back
Top Bottom