Meet Layle Stanton: Bikini-clad inspiration for Paul Mila’s latest scuba novel, NEAR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverWire

Contributor
Reaction score
(DiverWire) Scuba Diving author Paul Mila's latest novel, NEAR MISS, is the talk of the dive industry. One of the main characters in the book is modeled after real-life diver Layle Stanton (she just happens to be featured on the cover). Mila took some time recently to write about his first encounter with Layle in Cozumel.Cozumel Mexico, June 14th 2010: Aboard the MAXIMUS, dive boat of Scuba With Alison, with dive operator Alison Dennis and seven other divers.My first dive of this trip, and I’m buddy-less. In these cases I usually hang close to the dive master, not only for safety but also because the dive master knows where all the critters are hiding. However, on this pre-dive briefing, operator Alison Dennis throws me a curv...
Keep reading: Meet Layle Stanton: Bikini-clad inspiration for Paul Mila’s latest scuba novel, NEAR MISS on Diverwire.com

More...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom