For Sale Mens Aqualung Axiom I3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WanderLust68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an XL mens Aqualung Axiom i3 bc that I've used about 20 times, love the bc but since I can't dive for a while, it should find a new home.

The bc comes with the latest weight pockets from AL. Overall the bc looks and works great...however...while it has been in storage for the past few months, I must have accidentally weighted it down with something that has caused the left dump valve connector wire to slip out of its sleeve so when you use the i3 lever to purge air, you will hear a clicking sound.

I have taken the bc to two authorized Aqualung dive shops and had them service the bc and test the valve. Both have told me other than the clicking sound, the valve, wire and lever are operating fine, the bc is holding and releasing air as designed. Because the connector wire/sleeve is internal to the bc, neither of the dive shops could effectively realign the mechanism and stop the clicking noise.

I'm asking $175 for the bc not including shipping (payable via PayPal). CONUS sale and shipping only.

Attachments

• 20160409_091033.jpg
    20160409_091033.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 137
Do you still have this vest available for sale? I'm interested in speaking to you in greater detail about this vest and the valve if so. Thanks

Hello! Yes....I still have it available....please ask me anything!

Couple questions...
How old is the BC?
What dive shops did you have check out the BC?
Do you have any supporting documents from them saying it functions correctly?
Other than the clicking, have you had any other trouble with it?
What is your best price shipped to 29732?

Honestly, I'm interested in giving it a try but am very hesitant for the obvious reason with the dump valve issue. Would you be willing to allow me to return it to you (minus shipping) if my dive shop finds it unsafe/non-functional?

- Here some answers to your questions:
- the bc was purchased in August 2013 and I've used it on about 15 dives
- I had the bc inspected once it started making the noise at two shops, Madison Scuba in Sun Prairie, WI and Aquatic Adventures in Brookfield, WI...both authorized Aqualung dealers and repair centers. Madison Scuba (my local shop) has offered to inspect it again which will include a 24hr underwater inflation test among a battery of other tests.
- neither shop offered written documentation of what exact tests were performed at the time or the results other than a verbal "OK" from the tech, but if I get it done again at my local shop, they will provide the report and the checklist of items tested.
- the initial issue that many bcs had during that time period was the weight pocket clip failing. the weight pockets were replaced by Aqualung with the SureLock II's. Other than that, the bc performed perfectly.
- if I were to ship it via USPS with insurance it would run roughly $35

I understand your caution on this, especially since it has a glitch that is more aesthetic than anything.

The best I can do is have it tested again and provide you with the documentation and ship it for roughly $35 ($210 total) with the sale of this item being final (no refunds). I'd also have to ask that you sign a liability waiver that would cover myself and my LDS from any issues once you take possession of the bc.

Pending the outcome of the 3rd test, I'd like to find this bc a good home but I understand if you decide not to go forward with this purchase since this isn't a flawless bc and I'm putting a few restrictions on the sale.

yes, the bc is still available.

please note one of my previous posts regarding some of the details about the bc and conditions of the sale.

thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom