Men's Bikini's

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by slackercruster, Apr 12, 2007.

1. slackercruster

slackercruster Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    My bulky trunks bunch up under my wetsuit. Bikinis offer a smoother fit. Where can I buy some dive appropriate bikinis with a nice colorful pattern?

Thanks

2. fisherdvm

fisherdvm Great White

# of Dives:
    I have some that you can try, unfortunately, they are all pink!!

3. Cacia

Cacia Divemaster

4. H2Andy

H2Andy Surface Interval Member

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    catherine, may i wear a bikini?

[​IMG]

5. CompuDude

CompuDude Divemaster

Any good sporting good store that carries swimwear for swimmers (racing) will have a variety of options that will work well under your suit.

I'm partial to Jammers. (They'll have them)

6. erparamedic

erparamedic Vampire Girl......er Dork

Is that the "round-about" way of asking where to buy a colorful speedo? LOL :rofl3: :D

Andy... crack kills! :rofl3:

7. RoyN

RoyN Loggerhead Turtle

You should use a dive skin suit where all you need to wear is an underwear under the dive skin. Also it helps you get in and out of the wetsuit more easy too.

8. fisherdvm

fisherdvm Great White

# of Dives:
    I should get better support under my wetsuit. I got my wee wee banged up pretty well under my henderson hyperstretch.... Ouch, ouch, ouch.... It was very, very, very uncomfortable for the whole dive!!!

9. erparamedic

See what happens when a man wears pink speedos! :rofl3: The wee wee doesn't like it! :rofl3: :rofl3: What on earth are you doing in that wetsuit to "bang up" your manhood? :confused:

Sorry, man... just had to pick on you and your "pink". ;) I, secretly, think it's fine for a man to wear pink.... real men CAN wear pink and look cool!

10. Peter_C

Peter_C Orca

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    There are non! Use a towel and go naked. No one wants to see a guy in a bikini :11:

11. rawls

rawls Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    That is such a nutty thing to say....

12. Meng_Tze

Meng_Tze Homo Bonae Voluntatis ScubaBoard Supporter

so does vaseline, olive oil and 'personal lubricant'

13. ronbeau

ronbeau Surface Interval Member

I wear Under Armor and it never bunches up. Other people mentioned that WalMart has a general version of Under Armor that cost less.

Speedo also makes something similar call Jammers that people have discussed here on ScubaBoard.

I would definitely prefer either if the items I mentioned to a bikini or a typical Speedo bathing suit.

14. DarthWader

DarthWader Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    My daughters couldn't agree more, at least about the bikini part. I threaten 'em that if they don't follow my rules, then out comes the speedo for the 4th July picnic!:D They're still trying to get me to stop wearing my UDTs, but that'll never happen as long as I can still fit in them.:mooner: BTW, Speedo makes a good pair of long swimmer's shorts that might work well under a wetsuit, I've been eying 'em for my lap swims as well as for dive undies.

15. Diver Dennis

Diver Dennis Blue Whale

Depending on the dive resort and on if there is a long boat ride, I almost always dive commando...

16. do it easy

do it easy Orca

What does the boat ride have to do with what you wear or don't wear under your wetsuit :confused: For my sake, I'm going to assume you wear a wetsuit :D

17. sarita75

sarita75 Photographer

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I would, as a female, strongly advise against the old "banana hammock". I don't think the string waist would provide much staying power when in competition with the suction of a wetsuit. Plus they are really not that attactive, "manhood" all hanging out like that.

On a side note - I did a liveaboard in the Channel Islands for the New Year. Awesome experience but one of the men in the bunk right next to me wore the speedo. It was, almost infallibly, the first thing that I saw each morning when I got up. Not pleasant.

18. SkullDeformity

SkullDeformity  

# of Dives:
    What? Banana hammocks unattractive? My world is shattered!

Surf shops sell neoprene shorts for surfing, anyone used those?

19. erparamedic

Hahaha! :rofl3: That paints an "all to vivid" mental pic!

I spent 10 years working at a firehouse... with co-ed bunk rooms... middle of the night runs... and need I say more? LOL :rofl3: :rofl3: There are some images that NEVER go away! :rofl3:

20. Diver Dennis

Diver Dennis Blue Whale

Wetsuit only Tony. Wouldn't want to spook the fishies...:D