Question missing split washer in 2nd stage demand valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robinly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I'm interested in regulator service recently, so I read a related book and watched some videos.
Today, I disassembled my B2 and checked parts with an exploded view, then I found that I did not have a part named split washer as marked in attached diagram.

I'm pretty sure I did not drop the washer by accident and I don't understand why it is displayed in exploded view.
Any advice or comment is welcomed, thanks.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 4.45.02 PM.png

Just so you are oriented correctly, the split washer in question is made from plastic. Double check it is not stuck against the end of the knob stem:
1702471752837.png

If you can't fine yours, here is a link for a replacement for @ $3.00 + shipping:

-Z

Know nothing about these regs,
But do know how to read a diagrams...
I assume the oring ahead of it... does it go on the knob stem?
Does the split washer backup the oring?
Sure it's not in the groove?

Just so you are oriented correctly, the split washer in question is made from plastic. Double check it is not stuck against the end of the knob stem:
View attachment 815550

If you can't fine yours, here is a link for a replacement for @ $3.00 + shipping:

-Z

you are absolutely right, I'm so glad and thank you!

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom