Mobby's Sport Shell Seals (Glue Q?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CFDAlden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
One of the latex wrist seals on my Mobby's Sport Shell is pulling away from the inner PVC liner. As Mobby's is out of business in the US, what kind of glue should I use to reattach it?

Would plain old Aquaseal work? I'm thinking that would be a tad too permanent.

No, Aqualseal won't do. There's a guy on the 'net that sells cement just for the PVC liner. I have his information at home. PM me as a reminder and I'll send it to you later today or tomorrow.

I can't remember. It's been years since I've used that suit and I don't have the information anymore.

I used E6000 to apply pockets, and it held pretty well.

I ended up taking the suit to my LDS, who installed new seals for me. Promptly sold the suit, now dive a DUI CNse.

For Glue choice I bought some PB-300. After examining the glues I found at the big box stores I think the contact glues will work also.
Using AquaSeal is a NO-NO on your latex seals if you plan to replace them. It's a tedious cleanup job before you can re-glue the new seal. But I seen and heard various repair places will use AquaSeal to glue in new latex seals to laiminate or PVC or Nylon material drysuits.
After a DIY attempt at replacing my latex wrist seals, I figured out that I'd like to do this myself from now on to save some bucks. I did a 2nd set of wrist seals for a dive buddy and the new seals/glue job performed fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom