Moisture Munchers In Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveCT

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping someone local might be able to point me in the right direction. I use the small SL-911 moisture muncher silica cartridges inside my housing as a preventative. I'll be arriving in Oahu on Wed and I just discovered that my supposedly unopened packet of cartridges had a small hole and all the moisture munchers are pink = gone bad, so I need to pick up at least another packet of 10. So far I've called Kaimuki Camera and Pro Camera Hawaii who are both out. Anyone know of another camera or dive shop that caters to underwater photogs and might carry these? TIA!

Heat them up and dry them out!

First, I know this thread is more than two years old....

Anyway, I just bought three bags of the Moisture Munchers super-cheap from a local dive shop, all "expired" in 2017 (hence the low price!!!), but the good news is when I opened the first pack they were as blue as ever.

I also bought the DampRid and will bring a bag of that too.

My last line (if it's even a problem) will be to use some of the CamKix pads for the GoPro to do the job. I've only ever used those in the GoPro, the knock-off GoPro, and the Canon WP-DC14 housing, and they never failed me.

I'll let you know how it goes...

As an update, those three bags of Moisture Munchers with the 2017 expiration date were fine. Well, at least the first bag I opened. Each MM lasted two days in Cozumel, but the DampRid trick doesn't seem to have worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom