Mola Mola in Bali where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know Bill... If you don't mind me saying: I saw my first mola mola of the year today at Crystal Bay around 11:00am (25 degrees, 27m, 2m tall, name Alan). Problem is the currents were so strong he was staying sideways while getting cleaned. A great 10 minutes encounter following a dive with 20 manta rays. No one even mentions the nurse sharks...

I know Bill... If you don't mind me saying: I saw my first mola mola of the year today at Crystal Bay around 11:00am (25 degrees, 27m, 2m tall, name Alan). Problem is the currents were so strong he was staying sideways while getting cleaned. A great 10 minutes encounter following a dive with 20 manta rays. No one even mentions the nurse sharks...

Oh! F' OFF you F'ing F'man!

Everyone, please don't tell Bill that we had another sunfish at White Sand Beach in Padang Bai yesterday (& don't mention the dolphin I saw yesterday as well on Tanjung Sari).

The nurse shark that I saw there several times has strange color of alternating dark & light grey, almost looks like a giant bamboo shark. I haven't seen such nurse shark anywhere else.

Everyone, please don't tell Bill that we had another sunfish at White Sand Beach in Padang Bai yesterday (& don't mention the dolphin I saw yesterday as well on Tanjung Sari).

You might see also what the local people called hiu tokai (or gecko shark), a variation of wobbegong shark with fewer tassels than that of wobbegong of Raja Ampat. These gecko shark is closer to those wobbegong in GBR, as if the strong ocean from Indian Ocean to Pacific Ocean passing through Lombok strait carries some of those GBR wobbegong sharks to Padang Bai, similar to the Oceanic Mola Mola migration.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Padang Bai Gecko shark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom