"mono-vision" vs. standard Lasik?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do your homework, check out the lasers, and my philosophy was NOT to pic the doctor that advertised doing "50,000, 75,000" procedures. I don't want the guy that does 20 a day, I wanted the guy that did 5-10 a day.

explanation?

I had radial conductive keratoplasty on both eyes and the eye surgeon misrepresented and told me both eyes would be able to read again AND I would't lose my good far vision. I countered that the laser manufacturer said it gave one monovision, and he told me to ignore what the manufacturers website said, that sure was malpractice.

I tolerate it way better then what I am reading, but it sure sucks to have one eye seeing blurry at distance, the other one blurry viewing thigns closeup.

Daylonious:
Do your homework, check out the lasers, and my philosophy was NOT to pic the doctor that advertised doing "50,000, 75,000" procedures. I don't want the guy that does 20 a day, I wanted the guy that did 5-10 a day.

D.
=====================================

Couldn't agree more. Exactly the approach I took. My surgeon was offering LASIK as a service to his patients and it was a VERY small part of his overall practice. I had the "blade" approach as well and I have been examined by several ophthalmologists/optometrists since my surgery. I literally have been told that had I not mentioned my previous LASIK surgery they would not have known it from an external exam.

'Slogger

catherine96821:
explanation?

I was just meaning that here in Dallas, there's several doctors that claim things like "only $795 an eye" and "over 60,000 procedures done".

The doctor I went to didn't run coupons in the paper, and only does a dozen or so procedures a week, as opposed to a couple of dozen a day. I didn't want to go to a body shop that was cranking out these delicate procedures on a assembly line...

D.

Daylonious:
I was just meaning that here in Dallas, there's several doctors that claim things like "only $795 an eye" and "over 60,000 procedures done".

============================================

Had mine done in Atlanta and it was the same situation. There were the "volume shops" and there were the ones you found out about via word of mouth from others who had the procedure. My doc set aside 1 - 2 days a week for LASIK and did not advertise at all. He did offer a discount for referalls though. Another nice thing about going that route was that I got to meet and talk with the Biomed Engineer who maintained the laser. Being somewhat of a technogeek myself it was nice getting to know the person who was tweaking and certifying the device. I also got to stand at the door of the procedure room in advance of my own treatment and watch a couple of other people recieving LASIK. There were NO surprizes when it came for my turn.

'Slogger

The one thing I can say about getting Lasik is this:

You know when you have surgery or an injection you can always look away? Well..with Lasik you kind of have a front row seat. You see every little poke, prod, device, clamp, and blade...

Ahh...you just never forget the smell of your own eyeball burning when the laser hits it..

Heheh.. that should have 'em lined up for the procedure...

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom