Monterey Breakwater Night Dive 360 View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty cool video. but I think more conventional format for video with a higher resolution would be better for a night dive. You can only see in the bubble of your light in any case.

I shot with my 3D GoPro's too, but have a back log of video to work on so it will take few days to pull a video together.

I'm brainstorming different lighting options for these cameras. At the very least I need some kind of rear facing light so I'm visible. Classic white plastic diffusers will spread the light better, but I'm not sure I'd have enough 'lumens'. It would be nice if I could just rig up a high powered light bulb floating a foot or two above me. In the short term, diving with a larger group might yield more action to look at with the 360 view feature.

As for resolution...these are the first generation Kodak SP360s and only record at 1440x1440 pixels. I'm saving my pennies for their 4K version or the Nikon Keymission, though that has been delayed.

In the meantime, I'm tinkering, trying to learn how to create 360 view videos. The editing and composition really are different & I appreciate feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom