Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For some reason I was under the impression that GPO could be hostile towards divers. Glad to hear that's not the case ... though I'm sure I'd still freak out if it went for my reg or mask :wink:

For some reason I was under the impression that GPO could be hostile towards divers. Glad to hear that's not the case ... though I'm sure I'd still freak out if it went for my reg or mask :wink:

I had a former dive buddy lose his mask to an inquisitive GPO when it pulled it off his head, but he just put his spare mask on and was fine. They're really very gentle and shy.

-Adrian

Thanks for the video, Warren.

A number of years ago, Adm. Linda had a GPO do something similar at Ball-Buster. This was back in the film days, and the GPO gave her Nikonos a grope and took its own picture.

GPO reports seem to cyclic. Most years none, some years a few. This year there's been one at Ball-Buster (it's gone now), and two different ones at Pt. Lobos (different places well-separated on the same day by the same diver). So keep your eyes open.

Chuck

Spent the weekend in Monterey.

Saturday morning was all about playing the victim for a rescue class at Breakwater. Visibility was 25 - 30.

Went out on the Double Down off of McAbee to assist on an open water class in the afternoon and again on Sunday morning. Vis was 30+. Could see the bottom from the boat both days.

I saw the biggest Ling I have seen yet. It was a good 4' and the girth was huge.

I would have made it home just right after kickoff except there was at least an hour delay going over the sunol grade. That was not fun.

Metridium was 25-30 today. Most of the Metridium were closed up today. 55 degree water. Actually warmer in the water than on shore. Second dive was along wall. Same vis. Great dives.

Lobos, 25 to 30, flat

Back
Top Bottom