Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice :) They just asking divers when they check out what the vis was?

I was thinking more of internet feedback, but feeding the rangers isn't a bad idea either.

I got called the "Cookie Pusher" there before. The cookies traveled all the way to the entrance kiosk even.

Dove Breakwater today, it was great, nice and calm, viz between 15-20 feet along the wall. Lots of nudis. By the way, does anyone know the name of a nudibranch, about 5 inches long, all purple and very feathery on the back. It was stunning, I thought it was a Spanish Dancer but I am not sure anymore.

Yeap! That was it! Thank you! I like to know what they are called.

---------- Post added February 11th, 2014 at 04:52 PM ----------

Another great dive at Breakwater, nice and calm, almost flat, viz 15 -20 feet. Beautiful day to dive.

Dove Breakwater today, it was great, nice and calm, viz between 15-20 feet along the wall. Lots of nudis. By the way, does anyone know the name of a nudibranch, about 5 inches long, all purple and very feathery on the back. It was stunning, I thought it was a Spanish Dancer but I am not sure anymore.

If it was purple, it might have been a Spanish Shawl, Flabellina iodinea, although those don't get anything like 5" long. But the magnifying properties of whatever can be deceiving.

spanish shawl.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom