Monterey Pics 3-20&3-21-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GORGEOUS pictures! Thanks for putting them up.

I'm always amazed at you photographer people who can be so critical of pictures that just awe me . . .

Nice shots! Really like the comparison between the SP and D300, and the stories with each photo. Really cool.

Also glad to hear about the recovery. Pulling only rope and clip up must have been heart stopping.

Thanks for the explanation Larry. What do you plan to build the tag line out of? I believe Chuck uses about a 10' bungee cord correct?

I like the idea of using 3/8" or so bungee with tube webbing sewn over the outside, through these. A knot at each end of the bungee allows you to set how much tension you want on the original setup. It has some give, but still solid at the same time. What do you think you are going to do?

Thanks Lynne, Don & Andy.

Thanks for the explanation Larry. What do you plan to build the tag line out of? I believe Chuck uses about a 10' bungee cord correct?

I like the idea of using 3/8" or so bungee with tube webbing sewn over the outside, through these. A knot at each end of the bungee allows you to set how much tension you want on the original setup. It has some give, but still solid at the same time. What do you think you are going to do?

Generally, we just use 3/16" braided nylon and brass or stainless boltsnaps like the one you illustrated. This line had the teardrop shaped clips with the bar that folds in, like on a trailer strap. They were a little corroded and I think the springs got rusty and weakened. I'll either go back to handing it up and down or use a boltsnap, probably. I'll have to check out Chuck's bungee set-up. John uses one like mine fell off of, but it's probably better quality and he hangs it off the back, never the front.

Nice pics! The difference with the new camera is transformative for you. Way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom