Montreal Olympic Stadium 50ft deep pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raising this thread from the 'far and beyond'...
I just checked in with CPPO to find out if the pool was open yet (no answer when calling the facility directly) and they advised that it's still closed for renovations and they did not know when it would reopen. Too bad, it's a good spot to tune up before a dive trip (my reason for calling), try out new gear, etc.
I've been a few times solo (you don't have to have a buddy) and with a buddy and always found a depth where I could putter around with good space. They do have a maximum number of divers (not sure, think it's about 20) and there are always at least two 'monitors' in the water.
I've never been asked for the "Quebec-tax-on-scuba-divers-for-no-reason-other-than-taking-my-money-card", more commonly know as FQAS. They do ask for an agency accreditation though (of course).
And lastly - Einstein Scuba closed up a while back. I went in to have a look the first week they opened and bought a folding pocket snorkel. Nice guys - too bad. I have a friend who was a DM for them.
If anyone hears anything about the pool opening - drop a note here please!

Back
Top Bottom